As you age, your skin loses some of its natural elasticity. This can result in things like wrinkles and fine lines, sagging skin under your chin and jaw, and lines around your neck. Together, these common age markers can cause you to look older than you feel. One solution is the facelift, a surgical procedure that can pull the skin tighter, rejuvenating the appearance of the face and neck. Dr. Brad Gandolfi, a double board-certified plastic surgeon, performs facelift procedures for patients in New York City.
The Benefits of a Facelift
There are a number of benefits you can expect from your facelift procedure:
- Improvement in sagging skin around the midface, jawline, or neck
- Softening creases and wrinkles, including nasolabial folds and marionette lines
- Reducing the appearance of jowling or a double chin
- Eliminating lines and excess skin from the neck
- An overall rejuvenated and natural look
Am I a Good Candidate for a Facelift?
It is Generally Ideal For:
- Patients with loose, sagging skin who wish to rejuvenate their appearance
- Healthy people without medical conditions that could impede healing
- Patients with good skin complexion that is healthy and clear
- Those who have realistic expectations about what a facelift can achieve
It is Not So Great For:
- Patients who are very young or who have faces that have not fully matured
- Those who have a history of wound healing problems or severely sun-damaged skin
- Patients who have unfair expectations about their facelift results
The Facelift Procedure Process Explained
What can you expect from your facelift? While the specifics may vary according to your needs and expectations, here is a broad overview of what you can anticipate.
Other Things to Consider Before Getting a Facelift
Are There Any Risks Involved?
While all surgeries come with risk, the risk is minimal when you choose a highly skilled and competent surgeon. Double board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gandolfi boasts an exemplary pedigree of training, and has extensive experience performing facelifts in NYC.
Do I Need to Take Extensive Time Off from Work?
You should plan to take at least one to two weeks off from work, allowing your body a chance to heal and your swelling and bruising to subside.
Is it Really Worth It?
Only you can decide whether getting a facelift is worth it. Keep in mind that virtually all patients who get a facelift from Dr. Gandolfi are extremely satisfied with their results.
Excellence in Facelifts in NYC
Dr. Brad Gandolfi is a highly experienced, double board-certified plastic surgeon with a reputation for promoting patient safety, comfort, and wellbeing. He combines artistic skills along with advanced surgical techniques to ensure natural-looking facelift results, helping patients to look rejuvenated but not overly surgical. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Gandolfi, please call (212) 287-7211.